Writing about what feeds me.
– 4 to 6 ripe strawberries
– 1/2 shot of simple syrup (or to taste)
– 1.5 shots of white rum
– 1 shot (approx.) of fresh lime juice
* I approximated all of these measurements. =)
– Chill a cocktail glass with ice and a little water to speed up the process.
– Remove the stems and white part of the strawberries, cut in half and place in the bottom of a shaking tin. Using a muddler, mash them up to extract the juices.
– Pour in lime juice, simple syrup and rum.
– Add a good amount of ice and shake mixture in tin.
– Pour out the ice and water from the cocktail glass.
– Using a cocktail strainer (or the built-in strainer from the tin, which is not as good), strain the contents of the shaking tin into the cocktail glass.
– Optional: garnish with a slice of strawberry.
While I used the 1st recipe below as a reference, I clearly made my own modifications. The result was wonderful and almost spot on to the recipe I found later (the second one below) just before writing this blog. Removing the strawberry skin would help if you are really anal about not having any seeds in your drink.